the nautical theme developed pretty early, since the KC Green "SPRING BREAK" graphic in red was the first thing I added to the original garment. today I am continuing it by sewing part of an old bathing suit into the back, to hold the shoulder pads in place. I work with second hand clothes, ideally stuff that would be just as likely as not to get thrown out, and recognized early on that boy's clothing has a lot of shark motifs, so I decided to commit to that thematically as well. one of my high school art projects was a set of pyjama bottoms and I picked a shark pattern for that, so it seemed like a fated choice... I still have some of the leftover fabric, and in fact had to take apart the high school project because it had worn out, so that'll become one more sentimental brick in the wall of the shark-warlock-robe whatever you call it project....!