do you guys like longform youtube content

Get to 300 posts for the next Rank!
Motherfucker I'm I'll
  • Pronouns: he/they
  • Fave food: poptart
  • Favorite Letter: W
14 May 2022, 05:43 #124007
im dipping my toes into it. i made a video about paper mario 64 and posted it yesterday (day before yesterday?) if that sounds interesting to any of you !

also video essay general i guess! watch anything cool on youtube lately? hi. hello. welcome to the thread. i hope youre having a nice evening.
5 x
banned
im catgirl wanna be pals
  • Pronouns: she/it
  • Fave food: mac and cheese
  • Favorite Letter: j
14 May 2022, 05:44 #124008
spent a whole weekend watching this one and it's been one of my favorites! turns out Bomberman is a very wacky franchise

1 x
Hey there! Every image you see here is clickable!

3DS FC: 3540-6734-9625 let's play some animal crossing new leaf
Motherfucker I'm I'll
14 May 2022, 05:47 #124010
RadFox wrote:
14 May 2022, 05:44
spent a whole weekend watching this one and it's been one of my favorites! turns out Bomberman is a very wacky franchise

ive actually been slowly making my way through this one too! really neat video, i love bomberman. i hope this fella touches on the jetters anime because that was a favorite of mine as a kid tbh
1 x
yowza!
this user is not accepting tips
  • Pronouns: He/Him
  • Fave food: Yummy Stuff
14 May 2022, 13:32 #124023
RadFox wrote:

You guys too? I watched this over a period of two days off and I was getting antsy at the 8 hour mark because i didn't want it to end lol

Edit- as a kid I'd pretend to be Pretty Bomber cause I was a Hella Queer kid (I also pretended to be: the pink power ranger, sailor moon, rosemon from Digimon, Ms. Madd from MMBN and many more)

Lute I'll watch your vid after work... but that's 10 hours from now sigh
3 x
hiya homa
yowza!
14 May 2022, 13:46 #124025
If only they'd let me listen to ten hour bomberman video at work
2 x
hiya homa
Motherfucker I'm I'll
14 May 2022, 15:13 #124031
DaffoDILF wrote:
14 May 2022, 13:32
RadFox wrote:

You guys too? I watched this over a period of two days off and I was getting antsy at the 8 hour mark because i didn't want it to end lol

Edit- as a kid I'd pretend to be Pretty Bomber cause I was a Hella Queer kid (I also pretended to be: the pink power ranger, sailor moon, rosemon from Digimon, Ms. Madd from MMBN and many more)

Lute I'll watch your vid after work... but that's 10 hours from now sigh
pretty bomber rules and that owns. also thank you! i hope work is not too bad!
1 x
the cartoon guy
  • Pronouns: he/him/they/them
  • Fave food: something
15 May 2022, 01:55 #124057
I watched 25 hours of quintons reviews, From the fred video all the way through the latest victorious one
1 x
ImageImageImage
Motherfucker I'm I'll
15 May 2022, 06:27 #124076
spencethebence wrote:
15 May 2022, 01:55
I watched 25 hours of quintons reviews, From the fred video all the way through the latest victorious one
you are literally so brave for this
1 x
yowza!
15 May 2022, 13:19 #124095
I didn't end up watching it yet but I have it open in a tab and I liked it as well for when I am done work part 2

Work would not be bad if it weren't so long, I got more $$$ and no one but coworkers could talk to me
1 x
hiya homa
THORNWRIGHT
  • Pronouns: he/him
  • Fave food: Crab and/or Lobster
15 May 2022, 16:22 #124100
Your video looks ok but there’s no way I’m watching an 8 hour one
2 x
 ! Message from: WeekendWarlock
click here
► Show Spoiler
Motherfucker I'm I'll
15 May 2022, 19:27 #124106
DaffoDILF wrote:
15 May 2022, 13:19
I didn't end up watching it yet but I have it open in a tab and I liked it as well for when I am done work part 2

Work would not be bad if it weren't so long, I got more $$$ and no one but coworkers could talk to me
take your time friend! i also agree about work. if customers did not exist it would be 300x better
0 x
yowza!
15 May 2022, 22:53 #124120
Watching video now gonna commentate my thoughts as it goes. there are no time stamps.

-super paper mario is interesting cause going into it i was like "why r all the characters ugly" but then they made it all poignant and smart

-i was in the kitchen but i can tell u used the mimi part when u said super paper mario is ramped up and i was right

-origami king was good but im not itching to play it ever again. i guess that suits nintendo lol.

-i love super mario rpg oh my god i could make my own 2 hour video talking about super mario rpg but i'd have to do it with a funny voice so i focus on what im saying and enunciate well (i can do a droopy dog voice)

-the castle part at the start of paper mario is so good.i fucking love dialog.

-boys whisper when you walk into the room too ;)

-i copied a save file at the part where you get to make a cake as peach. my neighbor and I (both gay) loved that part so much and would shriek with delight as we made cakes using just cleaner and water. We also did this for Grunty's Furnace Quiz minigame on Banjo Kazooie.

-never noticed it the top dropdown ui was a modeled after a folder lol

-yeah nintendo taught me how to read too

-its poKAYmon not poKEEmon

-lol Scenery. Where am I, my best friend's house???

-My mom's husband is italian but thinks Mario and Luigi are called Pat and Mario. He's being ironic I think but it makes me smile

-are there any pics of bowser getting a wedgie jsut asking :sleepyhead: :owo:

-oh no you're a creative. get out of here you.

-haha, twink.

-I never really used the teleporting chest to good effect. Except maybe for jammin jelly

-haha twink again. It gets me every time irl too. especially when he meets muskular. also ew musk. no matter how you approach it, that word is G R O S S

-lol the later mario and luigi RPGs and their fucking making each special attack its own minigame. aww but now I miss mario and luigi.

-chilling out to this pad music around 20 minutes in. This made me get sidetracked and I went and relistened to some music tracks I created over the years and then I started tripping out imagined a fucking cool animation to one of them. it was bad ass OKAY resuming video

-how was kid me supposed to know to talk to merlon BEHIND the counter not in front of. he wont kill the toads unless you do that.

-a turtle on its back is sad like a beetle on its back. All kickin of the legs and stuff.

-all games should have goombario levels of optional infodumping

-ægg

-fuck i forgot about delivering letters!

-love the oasis.

-the desert is really cool. usually desert levels are ho-hum but mario knows how to make a good desert. for the most part. (mario bros 2 desert suck but did you know it is originally a japanese game called donkey donkey's panic?)

-you can tell mamar is a girl because SHE HAS A BOW.

-i love the sewer

-huh i never considered the writing being not as good in ttyd and..................... ur right

-i like the forbidden forest the flowers that giggle are creepy. Also nothing else has quite repeated that concept of a bush with flowers with just mouths that bob menacingly and just... giggle. gonna have to sleep with the light on to-night. :tired:

-love the haunted house section its like babby puzzle but i felt so smart as a ???-grader (forget how old i was)

-dont care for tubba blubba's level tho its TOO BIG and spacious and that makes it scary like lady dimitrescu has nothing on tuba blubba chasing you

-why does the heart have pubes. oh but i love his boss battle music. I used to think it quoted some of mario rpg's boss battle music.

-im having fun. I reallllly hope you dont shit all over Flower Fields though. I LIKE that place A LOT.

-oh the shy guys THIS part IS SO GOOD. FUCK. The music pissed my brother off so much.

-Circle guys are friends yes. My OC as a child when I played this game, when I wanted to mentally interact with the world of Paper Mario, I was a shy guy but in a medi guy flying thing but mine did have a heart on it! YUCKY.

-I should have used Watt more. How cool is that they chose a L'il Sparky to be a party member? Fuck I miss having a huge collection of esoteric Mario enemies redone as characters. fuck fuck fuck fuck. shit. i'm pissed off now.

-CAKE TIME

-the blowhole is the whale's asshole, correct.

-Loved Lavalava Island! The rearranged versions of Yoshi's Island theme gave me frissons as a child. I was very pleased with the variety of cool unique plantlife there too. And that goombario would tell you about them if you use tattle near them and also plant monster enemies like hurt plants, m.bush and more

-aww ravens and i forgot how much goombario loved them

-rouge the bat

-i like the song roxanne by The Pulleys

-Hell yeah! I loved that a fucking plant monster is the BOSS OF A VOLCANO! I havent seen this done since Paper Mario.

-I liked Misstar a lot. She's my favorite of the starfishes itt.

-I do remember the angry infant from the beginning of the game.

-I memoryholed the Ministers teaching peach to be delicate wtf. I'm definitely overanalyzing this.

-I made a funny remix of the Peach Sneaks Around music lol. I made it sound like a corny pizza scenario.

-I LIKE FLOWERS TOO!! I loved this world.

-Hehheh I see myself here heheheh.... that's right it's really me i'm actually tolilip

-It's fucked up that a plant just collects seeds. I fucking loved all the flower's characterizations. They're all the worst pieces of shit.

-why you superimpose rosie in front of tulips....? that's insulting

-It's interesting that you read Lilly as the only good nice one. Meanwhile as a kid I thought her to be just as bad as the rest of them and I thought Posie, (the yellow flower, who is actually based on a lily) was the goodest one.

-Love the spicy sad sun song. It's an instance of rare video game songs cause you only hear it then and you can never hear it again.

-I like the sad flower fields song better. I play it in my head a lot lol also the background with the food and stuff reminded me of Kirby... Especially Kirby's Dream Course I think.

-I love Flower Fields too.

-cherry blossom lacroix what does it taste like? petals tend to taste soapy or weird. altho some petals are good

-ugh snow.

-lol these penguins are shit heads. Why arent they called Bumpties? These *ARE* bumpties.

-love how the music for crystal king MIRRORs the crystal palace theme but has like 80s synth noise

-yeah nintendo as a business is so anti consumer it sucks ass

-one thing about paper mario is appreciate the carefree use of the word shroom. kid wants shroom cake yeah i do too kid heheheh.

-yeah the painting turning into bowser was a :buh: :yikes: :worried: moment for sure as a kid

-the end
1 x
hiya homa
Motherfucker I'm I'll
16 May 2022, 00:29 #124123
DaffoDILF wrote:
15 May 2022, 22:53
-the end
oh my god you rock so much i was not expecting this detailed of a response im so happy you liked the video. some responses:

-boys DO giggle and whisper to each other that is so true you're right
-ive always pronounced it poKEYmon im sorry i grew up around an extremely british father
-rouge the bat.
-i really feel like flower fields is waaaay overhated. it's one of my favorite chapters but every video essay on paper mario ive ever seen is like "this place sucks" it's bullshit tbh!
-cherry blossom la croix tastes like chocolate covered cherries that went bad. it was the most disappointing thing i've ever tasted
-thank you for watching my video i love u
0 x
Motherfucker I'm I'll
13 Jul 2022, 21:24 #128515

made a much shorter video this time, if anyone is interested in checking it out i would give u a very warm and kind kiss on the forehead
1 x
Motherfucker I'm I'll
27 Sep 2022, 04:23 #131198
i did it again im sorry

1 x
sunglasses
International Superstar
  • Pronouns: she/her